Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org concerning anything you do not understand.
1. TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect two basic types of information: (1) personal information and (2) anonymous information - and we may use personal and anonymous information to create a third type of information, which we characterize as aggregate information.
We collect the following categories of information;
1. Registration information you provide when you create an account, including your first name and surname, country of residence, gender, date of birth, email address, username and password;
2. Transaction information you provide when you request information or purchase a product or service from us, whether on our sites or through our applications, including your postal address, telephone number and payment information;
3. Information you provide in public forums on our sites and applications, and any submissions you distribute;
4. Information sent either one-to-one or within a limited group using our message, chat, post or similar functionality, where we are permitted by law to collect this information;
5. Information you provide to us when you use our sites and applications, our applications on third-party sites or platforms such as social networking sites, or link your profile on a third-party site or platform with your registration account;
6. Location information when you visit our sites or use our applications, including location information either provided by a mobile device interacting with one of our sites or application, or associated with your IP address, where we are permitted by law to process this information; and usage, viewing and technical data, including your device identifier or IP address, when you visit our sites, use our applications on third-party sites or platforms or open emails we send.
2. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We collect information through technology, such as cookies, Flash cookies and Web beacons, including when you visit our sites and applications or use our applications on third-party sites or platforms. Please visit Online Tracking and Advertising for further information, including how to disable cookies.
We acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the information you provided or we collected automatically. Local law may require that you authorize the third party to share your information with us before we can acquire it.
3. SHARING YOUR INFORMATION WITH OTHER COMPANIES
We will not share your personal information outside of our affiliated companies except in limited circumstances, including:
1. When you allow us to share your personal information with another company, such as:
1. Electing to share your personal information with carefully selected companies so that they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services (but only with specific consent)
2. Directing us to share your personal information with third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites (Please note that once we share your personal information with another company, the information received by the other company becomes subject to the other company's privacy practices.)
2. When companies perform services on our behalf, like email delivery, package delivery and customer service; however, these companies are prohibited from using your personal information for purposes other than those requested by us or required by law
4. YOUR CONTROLS AND CHOICES
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. In accordance with local law, your controls and choices may include:
You may correct, update and delete your registration account
1. You may change your choices for subscriptions, newsletters and alerts
2. You may choose whether to receive from us offers and promotions for our products and services, or products and services that we think may be of interest to you
3. You may choose whether we share your personal information with other companies so they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services
4. You may choose whether to receive targeted advertising from many ad networks, data exchanges, marketing analytics and other service providers here
5. You may request access to the personal information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it and we request third parties with whom we have shared the information do the same
5. DATA SECURITY AND INTEGRITY
The security, integrity and confidentiality of your information are extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures that are designed to protect guest information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use and modification. From time to time, we review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and methods. Please be aware though that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
6. ADVERTISING TRACKING
As you browse candycottage.us, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Our display advertising partner, AdRoll, then enables us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with candycottage.us. The techniques our partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address or telephone number. You can visit this page (http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/) to opt out of AdRoll and their partners' targeted advertising.
7. DATA TRANSFERS, STORAGE AND PROCESSING GLOBALLY
Wherever your personal information is transferred, stored or processed by us, we will take reasonable steps to safeguard the privacy of your personal information.
9. COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS
Cottage Products, LLC d/b/a The Candy Cottage
Our sites and applications may contain links to other sites not owned or controlled by us and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our sites or applications and to read the privacy policies of other sites that may collect your personal information.